Petition before the Hon’ble Chairman, Human Rights Commission of Haryana.
Naresh Kadyan, Master Trainer, AWBI – Commissioner, Haryana Scouts and Guides, Chairman, People for Animals Haryana along with Representatives of OIPA in India, C-38, Rose Apartment, Prashant Vihar, sector-14, Rohini, Delhi – 110085.
- Haryana Gau Seva Ayog through its Secretary.
- Haryana Animal Welfare Board through its Member Secretary.
- Member Secretary, District Society for Prevention of Cruelty to Animals, Nuh.
- Veterinary Surgeon at Ferojpur Jhirka.
- SHO, Ferojpur Jhirka.
- DC cum Chairman, District Committee for Slaughter Houses, Mewat at Nuh.
- The Agricultural and Processed Food Products Export Development Authority (APEDA), 3rd Floor, NCUI Building 3, Siri Institutional Area, August Kranti Marg, (Opp. Asiad Village), New Delhi – 110 016.
- The Food Safety and Standards Authority of India (FSSAI), FDA Bhawan near Bal Bhavan, Kotla Road, New Delhi – 110002.
Respectfully submitted that, while considering complaint No. 734/12/2017, it was advised to file a proper complaint, duly addressed to the Commission and to obey these observations, present application moved for restoration of human rights, as per grievances below:
- The residents of Mewat region have right of life, nutrition, family planning, education, employment, water, sanitation, housing, environment along with the human rights of equality, freedom of speech, food, religion and to live with dignity, besides it supply of iodized salt under public distribution system.
- The animals and birds of Mewat region also have five liberties, which were upheld by the Supreme Court of India read with the section 3 of the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals Act, 1960.
Freedom from hunger, thirst and malnutrition; ii) Freedom from fear and distress; iii) Freedom from physical and thermal discomfort; iv) Freedom from pain, injury and disease’s) Freedom to express normal patterns of behavior.
- As per article 51 A (g) of Indian Constitution, which defined the fundamental duties, likewise article 48 describe the conservation of cattle’s and agriculture.
- As per record 755 cattle’s along with 15,780 dogs are homeless and roaming abandoned, creating public nuisance.
- The basic and directive principles of co-existence between animals – birds with human beings, needs immediate attention and man – animal conflict increasing day by day, became threat to the existence of some species, besides it the census of animals and birds are not surplus, to export their meat, for personal gain and profit.
- Discrimination amongst the policies and special incentives, subsidies and relaxations are being provided to slaughter animals and birds, to promote butchers.
- As per record, tobacco products are very harmful, dangerous for the health, responsible for many major diseases then why tobacco products are not prohibited and banned to protect the human rights.
- The consumption of cow progeny meat – beef is prohibited and their slaughtering is an offense under the Haryana Gauvansh Sanrakshan and Gausamvardhan Act, 2015. It would also be pertinent to mention here that surplus stock of animal and birds can be slaughtered for food, to meet out the demand of supply, as per the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals (Slaughter Houses) Rules, 2001 read with the guidelines issued by the FSSAI and APEDA.
It is observed that three Slaughter Houses are functional and these are not allowed and recommended by the State Committee for Slaughter Houses, Department of Urban and Local Bodies (Govt. of Haryana), which was set up by the Supreme Court of India, while considering the CWP No. 309 of 2003.
- Animals are being shifted as goods in non ISI specified vehicles without pre transport permit, as required under section 96 of the Cattle Transport Rules, 1978 amended in 2001 and 2009, besides it animal transportation mechanism was also approved by the Supreme Court of India.
It would also be pertinent to mention here that animal can travel as per their shape and size instead weight, as per section 94 of the Haryana Motor Vehicle Rules read with the Central Motor Vehicle (Eleventh Amendments) Rules, 2015.
- Unhygienic food is being served for common people consumption as biryani all around in Mewat region by the unapproved traders, likewise seven samples of these objectionable biryani were lifted by the joint operation of the Mewat Police with Animal Husbandry Department and these seven samples were sent on 24-8-2016 by the Veterinary Department to the Lala Lajpat Rai University of Veterinary and Animal Sciences (LUVAS), Hisar and same seven samples were found of cattle meat, report was sent by the University, bearing No. 2811 on 6-9-2016, likewise clarification of cattle’s was also sent by the University on 16-12-2016, besides it clear cut definition about cattle’s means Cow – Oxen was also sent by the University, bearing No. 1821 Dated 8-5-2017 but special unlawful practices were adopted by the Administration, instead keeping in view the legal provisions and mechanism in practice as per CrPC, lodging FIR against the offenders, all above said three communication of the University were mishandled by the concerned officials, which hurt the feelings, sentiments and religious believe of the Hindu community peoples, violating the Haryana Gauvansh Sanrakshan and Gausamvardhan Act, 2015.
- Restoration of human rights of common people – residents of Mewat region, who have right of life, nutrition, family planning, education, employment, water, sanitation, housing, environment along with the human rights of equality, freedom of speech, food, religion and to live with dignity, besides it supply of iodized salt under public distribution system.
- Appropriate legal actions on the three scientific communications of LUVAS and test reports about seven samples, which are attached here with as ready references.
- Any further orders, deem fit.
Naresh Kadyan, Master Trainer, AWBI – Commissioner, Haryana Scouts and Guides, Chairman, People for Animals Haryana along with Representatives of OIPA in India.