- You’ll save the lives of countless animals each year.
Animals want to live free of harm just as much as we do. But on modern farms they are subjected to treatment that would be illegal if perpetrated against a dog or cat.
2. Vegans are saving the planet.
Eating meat is one of the leading causes of climate change, pollution, water wastage, deforestation, and species extinction. If we want to make a difference for the planet, meat has got to go.
- Being vegan exposes you to new foods and they’re delicious.
From kale and quinoa to seitan and sweet potatoes, vegan fare is fabulous! Expand your palate and discover a whole new world of flavor.
- It feels great to live in line with your values.
This can’t be overstated. Knowing that you are living a life that reduces violence and suffering in the world feels amazing.
- Vegan food is everywhere.
Almost every city has incredible all-vegan restaurants or restaurants that can create fantastic vegan dishes.
- You can be happy and healthy without meat.
Healthier, even. Skipping meat is a great way to reduce your risk of heart disease, stroke, diabetes, and cancer. You could also live longer!
- Eating veg could save you money.
A vegan diet is loaded with inexpensive fruits, veggies, grains, legumes, beans, nuts, and more!
- One person makes a difference.
You make a huge difference to the approximately 30 land animals you spare each year. With millions of vegans around the world, think of how many more we’ll spare together!